Monday, October 27, 2008

Staff Bio - Beatrice Shoemaker, Children's Ministry Assistant

My name is Beatrice.  I work part time in the Children’s Ministry and just LOVE it! I enter children’s attendance numbers into our system, print rosters, prepare all the stuff that is needed for Sunday school and check and make sure that our classrooms have all that is needed. So if something is missing in the classroom, or the supplies for teaching Sunday school to our kids were not complete, let me know!  It is great to have a chance to influence kids in a positive way and let them know that God is our best friend that can be trusted, no matter what!

I grew up in Sweden in a town called Örebro with my mom, dad and 4 years older sister. Traveling runs in the family with my grandmother leading in traveling to the most exotic places (visiting head hunting tribes in Borneo for instance), my dad the most frequent (traveling to Germany about every month for a couple years), my sister the highest altitude (Himalaya), and me the lowest altitude (Amsterdam, which is below sea level!) So I thought marrying an American that was traveling around the globe would be a fabulous idea. So here I am, married to Kenny who grew up here in Arvada but happened to be in Amsterdam when I was there. I’m so happy God is such a great matchmaker and allowed our paths to cross. We got married in Sweden 16 years ago (-92) and have lived in the US since 1995. We have two children who are 10 and 7 years old. They love traveling too, especially to Sweden.

When I don’t run around church preparing for all the fun activities we have planned for each Sunday, I’m home enjoying my own family. I also recently took up painting which definitely is an adventure in it’s self, but it’s a great way to switch gears and slow down the pace. I read a lot whenever I can. I especially like books that teach me about living my life better, serving our Lord more effectively, and loving Him deeper.

No comments: