Monday, October 27, 2008

Staff Bio - Sami Bookout, Children's Ministry Assistant Director

Who is Sami Bookout?  Sami is the Assistant Director of the Children’s Ministry at Arvada Covenant Church, which means she wears many different hats.  She is in charge of loving and taking care of volunteers, as well as scheduling Small Group leaders and Large Group teachers. She does behind the scenes work in Children’s Ministry, as well as teaching right in the spot light, as Sami teaches preschool age up to elementary.  You can find Sami coordinating any special event that involves Children’s Ministry. From Kids’ Camp to Community Fall Festival, Sami is right there making it happen.

Sami was born and raised in Denver, living much of her childhood in Arvada. Sami has a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and excited to start the Masters of Education program in the spring ’09.

But who is Sami….really? I love movies, my husband and I go on date nights, which means we go to dinner and a movie. Funny, neither one of us ever tire of that. I have two daughters, Delaney and Kaylie. They are my center. They keep my head straight and remind me how much our Father loves us.

I’m a bit feisty, enjoy Muay Thai kickboxing, running marathons, and dancing to eighties music…just to embarrass my girls. My favorite band is U2, my favorite album has to be Joshua Tree, and one of my favorite person is Bono. He’s an inspiration.

This is an ongoing theme because one of my favorite countries to visit is Ireland. My husband, Shawn, and I love to travel too, it’s just a little expensive to do for every date night.

We have two dogs, a Rat Terrier and a Dachshund (wiener dog), who just ran in the Long Dog Derby. She placed 2nd last but we consider it another crazy adventure in the life of the wiener dog.

I aspire to be like Mother Theresa, totally living my life for Christ, walking in love, and living as an advocate for children. Understanding that our journey leads us to where we are now, and trust that God will help me through the next bend in the road.

No comments: